Barn Door Team

There is still much football to be played this "week" as Liverpool travel to Fulham later today, and the big Spurs/ManCity clash on Tuesday. But the barn door (and time and tide) wait for no fantasy manager. Here's the state of my team after the weekend's action:


A few enablers in Heitinga, Zenden, and even Hitzlsperger allow for some big spending up top with Odemwingie and van Persie.  Tevez comes into the mix depending on how he looks against Spurs.  Of course he'll have the FA Cup match before the rematch against Stoke the following Tuesday so I may stay away.  Same goes for David Silva, whom I'm holding, but in this team I've replaced him with Matty Taylor.  Bolton are on the road against a motivated Blackpool, but I figure there will be goals on both sides of the pitch in that one.  Hence my keeping Sturridge even after he broke my heart against Sunderland this weekend.  When will I ever learn not to bet on Bolton?  It should be a rule or something!

In net I've moved from Hart to Edwin Van Der Sar.  I expect Manchester United to clinch the Premier League title this weekend at Ewood Park and to do it "to nil".  However, that is a pool of money to draw from to upgrade elsewhere... I'm looking at your spots, Johnny Heit and B.Zenden!

Where have you netted out on the barn door?

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently at

    Foster,
    Luiz, Clichy, Djourou, Fabio
    Valencia, Moses, Walcott, PJS
    Rooney, Hernandez

    May swap Luiz to someone who isn't injured or change Park to somone cheaper and split the remainder

    ReplyDelete
  2. paul mac8:59 PM

    i would have to imagine that van der sarr will get a rest in the away game against blackburn and then play his final game at old trafford in blackpool game.all this with barce in mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:25 PM

    I am very worried about MUnited, Chelsea, and Arsenal resting players. I am steering clear from all of them and going only for players on teams who have something to play for.

    I cannot afford to take any ZEROS at this stage in the game.

    Can you believe it... after 36 weeks and I am in second place in my private league by .5 points. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banned in DC11:35 PM

    Why would Arsenal rest any players? At this point they have City breathing down their necks for third place & an automatic Champions League spot. They NEED to win their next couple of games to retain that position. I would imagine they'll be fielding a full strength team until that third place is secure.

    ReplyDelete