Making a difference

THE SPORTS GUY : Time for another mailbag
Thanks to everyone who e-mailed suggestions for my new English Premier League soccer team that I haven't picked yet. Out of any challenge that I've ever thrown out to the readers, I can't remember getting a more passionate, entertaining and informative batch of e-mails. If anything, I'm even more dedicated to making the leap now. And this isn't going to be a half-assed thing, either. I'll be buying the merchandise, TiVo-ing the games, traveling to see a couple home games, throwing myself into the team ... I'm going all out. Obviously I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I'm a huge sports fan and it's becoming clearer and clearer that I missed the boat with the English Premier League and UEFA. Better late than never.

Anyway, I narrowed it down to three teams (don't worry, none of them is Manchester United) and will be making my official pick in next Wednesday's column. So stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:50 PM

    Does that mean that the three are Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neal's guess is Arsenal, Spurs, & Reading. Attractive soccer, young up & coming squad, underdogs with American players, respectively.

    Any other guesses?

    j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:08 AM

    I actually wrote in and recommended him to take WEST HAM!

    We'll see how we go..., but Neal's theory does have merit...

    claret

    ReplyDelete