The Sports Guy: Choosing my EPL team

The Sports Guy: Choosing my EPL team

Here's the link to the Simmons "reveal" that we've been running with and that Neal mentioned in the post below.

So Spurs are his team for the season. Can't really argue. Team on the up, exciting young players (hopefully they hold on to Carrick), and in London -- one of his criteria, not mine. I decided to "like" them last year, shifting from Newcastle, for many of the same reasons. But as I've written before, for better or for worse, my allegiances are to my fantasy team.

I agree with this comment to the extent that the article was a bit shaky on some of the facts, but it is exciting that someone as high profile as Simmons is hooked on soccer now. And we're sure to get a few thousand words on the Premiership every few months. Which will be fun to read, and to blog!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:34 AM

    you make a good point and to truth, someone sent me Simmons's article but clipped the first page, which is worth the read more than the 2nd where he picks his team. He gives props to the utter insane love for their teams of the fans, providing a good lead in and that hits the nail on the head. We all love our teams around here and the sheer agony of playing fantasy and doing things like picking your enemy for your fantasy team or ... not... is worth the gray hairs falling out of my head on Friday afternoons and Saturdays.

    Oh, and us ManYoo fans love the hate. Thank God C.Ronaldo, that facking winker, caused some **** this summer so the hate can flow like the dark side of the force feeding the ManYoo players or people might have been all caught up hating on Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete