World Cup Fantasy Final Standings

McDonald's/FIFA World Cup Fantasy Game

Congratulations to Ugly Americans who won our group with an outstanding 817.5 points! Thanks to everyone who played WC fantasy, and to the 50 lucky souls who got into the group (you'll have to be quicker next time, or schedule your travels better, Neal). We'll have to do this again and perhaps on a larger scale when EPL starts up again.

Speaking of which, enjoy the next month. See your families. Get outside a bit. But keep reading the blog. Lots of transfer news to come. Who is coming and going in Manchester? Will Juventus lose their place in Serie A, and if they do will their stars be moving to England? Who will Chelsea buy next, and how much will it cost? All this and more. ;-)

Final Standings
Rank Team Points 
1  Ugly Americans (daveberk2000)817.5 
2  Arenagades (micsamnic)807.5 
3  mattozan (numlocker)777 
4  FC Bootboy (dratra)760 
5  Furious Fcukers (terrydog_80)754.5 
6  (TT) c_o (hkeditor)754 
7  Bermuda Gombeys (alexdecouto)733 
8  Team Flying Banana (ocuk_kaiowas)728.5 
9  fantasyepl.blogspot.com (jspitzberg)715.5 
10  Jack Bauer FC (darbselur)715 

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Anyone out there have a medium-sized pic of the ref showing Zidane the infamous card? I so totally need one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:26 PM

    I'm pretty sure that those are the points from before the final. There's more to come yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:25 PM

    When does Yahoo start the next season of fantasy football?

    I'm away for the month before the EPL starts, so I need to do my team before I go away. I hope it opens up in time. I really need a good start to the season coz I love the game so much and it will be such a pity if I need to start late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:27 AM

    @ Chris O - http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/images/zidanerood.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for keeping me honest, kaiowas.

    the table has been updated.

    j

    PS. while you're looking for photos, anyone with a shot of the head butt itself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Thanks for the props. I had some good luck.

    - Manager, Ugly Americans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:41 PM

    Any chance you can post the top 11?

    My poor little Walcott Whip boys deserve some praise.

    So close but yet so far. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, Anon. But much like your namesake, you may have been at the Cup, but no one will ever know. ;-)

    j

    ReplyDelete