- If I were a betting man I wouldn't be playing fantasy football. I'd also bet that Brunt will not make the Stoke match. It seems like he could play if needed, but that it's just not worth the risk of aggravating he groin injury and going from missing one match to missing weeks. If Brunt doesn't play, I think it devalues Odemwingie slightly, but is good news for James Morrison and Graeme Dorrans who will be asked to be West Brom's creative players.
- Jerome Boateng is either over his injury problems or did his ankle playing for Germany and is out for the Fulham match. I can't get a straight answer from the internets one way or another. I like him at 4-something, but with Kolarov now in the side too I don't want to have all my defensive eggs in one basket. Though, on the other hand, Citeh are one of the better defensive teams... so it's a nice basket. But what is Friday trading for if not to make stupid player decisions? So welcome Martin Skrtel to the team. Hopefully Liverpool can contain bottom-side West Ham at Anfield this weekend. I honestly have no idea what to make to this game or know what to expect, but I've got Skrtel and Torres in the hopes that Liverpool's class and home-field advantage can overcome the scrappy, but frankly horrible Hammers.
- Hernandez? He'll either float around aimlessly for 60 minutes before being replaced by Rooney... or he'll knock in a brace. I'm guessing it's the former, but I'm too scared of the latter happening and my not having him. So I bought him. And now I'm hoping for the latter. But still scared.
- On the larger ManU/Wigan issues... ManU should win this easily and to nil. At least ManU of old - or of any year in the Premier League era - would. This year you would almost bet on HRod and N'zog making it much more interesting. Almost.
- Gordon. Dear god, here's hoping that doesn't blow up in my face. Keepers this week are a total crap-shoot. Anyone from Carson at under 4 to Cech over 13 could give you 14 or -4 points this week.
- Chamow. He should be a great pick, but see Hernandez above. He'll either score two or do f' all. Hell, in the Wolves match, he did both! What to think? Other than it's the weekend to wait and get RVP and Defoe on the barn door.
- I had one other point... but can't remember what it was.
Thanks for indulging me. Good luck this weekend to everyone. And no, I'm not pullling a Spealman - getting drunk and failing to save a full team. I hit "Save Changes". I just don't know if the changes were advisable.
Gordon - Skrtel Kolarov WBrown - Milijas Nani VDV Albrighton - Hernandez Torres Gyan