Malouda fit for Liverpool trip

UPDATE:  Here's Ancelotti's quote, from Soccernet.com:
"I can give you nine men: Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Zhirkov, Anelka, Drogba. Malouda or Kalou, Essien or Ramires," Ancelotti said.
So FloMa is 50/50 with Kalou and Ramires is challenging Essien's spot, not Zhirkov's.

---

Premier League - Malouda fit for Liverpool trip - Yahoo! Eurosport
Chelsea's top scorer Florent Malouda will be fit to face Liverpool this weekend despite manager Carlo Ancelotti claiming on Thursday that he was injured.

The Italian backtracked from his earlier analysis on Friday, in which he said the ankle injury sustained in the win over Blackburn last week would keep the Frenchman sidelined.

"Malouda is available to play, he has recovered very well" said the Chelsea boss, adding that the striker would be in the starting line-up.

Ancelotti also changed his mind over the fitness of Frank Lampard, who had been expected to be fit in time for the trip to Anfield.

"He is not available for this game, we have to take time again," said Ancelotti. "Next week finally he will be ready.

File this under "make up your damn mind, but thanks for the heads up".

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 AM

    Will he be in the starting lineup or won't he? That seems like pure speculation on Yahoo's part as I don't see any direct quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Is it stupid to start a goalie who is only 1 point (and won't play) to use the points elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:05 PM

    f.ck I had removed him! what about VDV ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:14 PM

    No VDV and possibly Lennon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carlo saying himself FloMo will be fit to play...I'm gonna take the gamble, the question is will a lot of big players be rested with a big doubles week coming up....I'm going no on VdV, he's been nursing that injury for a while. My dilemma is selling Milner or not, I feel like I can get greater return from Walcott or Dempsey possibly.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9yIsFNxSAk&feature=player_embedded#!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, I already took him out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:14 PM

    So what do we know about Kalou...playing/not playing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toss up between Kalou/Ramires....50/50 shot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm filing this under "ONLY make Friday trades from now on"

    He was definitely out yesterday. So I dropped him. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:46 PM

    walcott obertan and onuoha OR gardner (birmingham) park samba???

    ReplyDelete
  11. i guess that means milijas or nasri will be my pick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaaargh, I took out Malouda already!!! :(

    ReplyDelete