Jeremy has already posted some of the key injury-related news this morning. The biggest news is that Chelsea's midfield continues to be at less than full strength with the continued absences of Lampard and Ramires which means that Zhirkov should start and be an excellent bargain. On the plus side, there isn't any mention of an injury to Charlie Adam so I'm expecting that he'll start.
Honestly, there isn't a ton of really important injury news but here's the quick rundown:
- Gibbs/Diaby/Verm/Almunia/RvP/Ramsey/Wilshere - The list continues to dwindle at Arsenal with Diaby, Gibbs, and now Almunia not likely to start even if healthy. The downside for fantasy is that it makes line-up selection that much harder. This is the last match for Wilshere's suspension.
- Upson - Arsenal's task gets easier with WHU's best central defender (insert joke here) set to miss out.
- Tevez - We covered this one already but the bad news today is that there hasn't been any real indication as to whether K2 or Balotelli will be taking his place.
- Rooney - The Chicharito era continues at Old Trafford. Great value for fantasy managers here.
- King/Corluka/Dawson/Defoe/THud - The talk in the press is always about key injuries to Arsenal but for my money, this is a much bigger story at this point. Going to be tough to win against even a less-than-their-best ManYoo without their best striker and best defender.
- Gabby/SPet/LYoung/Albrighton - For a relatively thin squad, this is bad news going into a relatively even derby match.
Late Fitness Test
- Arteta - I would have recommended him if he were healthy but he's in question which means you should definitely stay away at his current price.
- Piquionne - For those of you who were using him as a cheap third striker (like Jeremy) be aware that his participation is in doubt.
- KJones/Pennant - Both suffered from flu-like symptoms late in the week but it is hoped that both will make it back in time to start.
- Odemwingie - No specific mention of his condition in the various match notes but BBC has him listed as "Doubtful" so we'll assume he has a chance to play but not a good one.
Cheers - Neal