Laws hopes life's a beach for Sunderland


Pssssst, Brian... op-stay with the ulliten-bay oard-bay aterial-may!
[Burnley manager Brian]Laws said: "I know Steve Bruce very well as we were at Wallsend Boys Club together. That's how far back we go. We have gone our different ways but got back together in the management side. He is a good friend.

"I saw him the other week and said 'I am going to send you a bucket of sand, a spade and a beachball. You enjoy yourself on holiday. It starts before we turn up on Saturday'. Let's hope they are thinking like that.'"
Ummmm... me thinks Laws should shut his trap. It's a funny joke and all, hahhahaha! But isn't there a wee chance that Bruce takes that back to his players, who are probably safe but not wildly so, and use it to gee them up for this match? I don't know that I'd be poking Sunderland if I were Laws. Besides, doesn't he know that Sunderland last used the beachball to score a match winning goal?

1 comment:

  1. Mike D10:04 PM

    Love the beach ball referebce/tie-in, and even photo. Will never forget that----live on tv----and the effect it had on the game too.

    ReplyDelete