So, if I want Bellamy for the weekend - which I do - that leaves me 6.03 for a fourth middie or defender. Who to choose? And of course, the caveat here is that whomever I pick will be wrong. The candidates after the jump.
- De Jong or Kompany - Citeh host Burnley. Kompany performed better last week but with Toure likely to return to the defense, De Jong seems like the more likely starter. And he hasn't been too bad, last week's penalty not-withstanding. He's dirt cheap. If I went with him I could even move to K2. But De Jong is a holding midfielder and thus has a limited fantasy ceiling. It's Sidwell all over again. And look how that turned out for me last week.
- Rodwell - Everton @ West Ham. See De Jong, above. A do-no-harm pick.
- Brown or Yebda - Pompey @ Rovers. I like Pompey, but not these two. I don't like Brown and won't pick him. Yebda is interesting, but comes in and out of matches. I'm not sure I'm ready to back anyone from Pompey other than O'Hara (whom I'm selling to move Tevez to Bellamy) or KPB on the road.
- Henderson - Sunderland @ Spurs. Henderson is catching my eye here. A winger redeployed to central midfield in the wake of Cattermole's injury. He's been doing okay and looks a more attacking option than your De Jong or Rodwell. Don't love Sunderland on the road, especially with Spurs looking to bounce back from the derby loss, but I'm not going to rule Henderson out.
- Emerton or Nelsen - Rovers host Pompey. Rovers have been halfway decent at home, and Pompey are lousy on the road. Well, everywhere, but you get the idea. Emerton is listed as a defender but has been playing at right mid, so that's an immediate draw. However he's been booked in his last two matches, albeit against the Premier League's top two teams. My one other concern with Emerton - and he's the incumbent in the spot - is whether or not he starts. I wonder if Big Sam restores MGP to the line-up on the left, and moves Diouf back to the right. Would that move Emerton back to the bench? Something I'll be looking at as the team news and predictions start coming out over the next day or so. Nelsen is a sure starter, but a less sexy pick. Lower ceiling, but maybe the way to go if he has a higher floor.
- Kyrgiakos - Depleted Liverpool against a goal-shy Birmingham. He might be in line for a clean sheet. I will be looking at Agger and Skrtel's availability come the team news.