Where we make the distinction between the matches that will yield real value for fantasy managers and the ones that just LOOK like they'll yield value.
- Fulham vs. WHU - Fulham aren't that great but West Ham are just dire, especially on the road.
- Wolves vs. Wigan - See above
- ManYoo vs. Sunderland - I'm not saying that ManYoo will lose but what I do know is that Sunderland play up to the level of their competition.
- Citeh @ NUFC - Because you just can't predict what Newcastle will do from week-to-week with enough fidelity to go too heavily against them at home.
- Doyle/SEB - Ebanks-Blake is in better form but Doyle is the better player. I certainly wouldn't go with two Wolves forwards but one isn't a bad low-cost part of your fantasy portfolio this weekend.
- Agbonlahor - I'm a much bigger fans of midfielders this weekend so he's another excellent low-cost, high upside option.
- Rooney - Pretty crazy that you can even get him for less than Odemwingie this weekend. In a week that doesn't offer much of interest in terms of forwards, I'd put him highest on the list of expensive options.
- Milijas - I know our regular readers who are Wolves fans aren't nearly as excited about Milijas as we are - textbook fantasy player. That said, he's at home with a good match-up so this is a solid time to pick him up.
- Rodwell - Another cheap option that will help you get to more premium players in your line-up.
- Nani - He's been exceptional since the third weekend of the season and I'd look for it to continue - even at his current price.
- Dempsey - Deuce is expensive, especially given his production this season, but he'll be playing at home, as a forward, against the bottom team in the league. If you're ever going to splurge on him, this is the weekend to do it.
- Cahill - I really don't like recommending Cahill because his value is so tied up in him scoring but with the match-up being solid and him playing at home, I like him more this weekend than most.
- Salcido - He hasn't been everything we'd hoped he'd be (we were hoping for Bale-light) but he's been among the best scoring defenders this season and his price is reasonable and his match-up is great.
- Elokobi - Again, this is a potential value pick. He's not going to put up Bale numbers but he might get you 7 or 8 points for a cost of 5. Not bad.
- Salgado -Rovers have been playing tight defense (a disappointing equalizer last weekend aside) and Salgado is the cheapest way in.
- Coleman - His value is generally coming from his attacking statistics but he has a reasonable chance at points from both attacking and defending this weekend.
- Kompany - His price has dipped and he represents solid value even though I don't love him or Citeh this weekend.
- Hennessey - Another really interesting value play from Wolves. One word of caution, they're still the 19th team in the table so I'd refrain from going overboard.
- Hart - His price may have fallen on the heels of the loss to Everton, if so, he's nice value for the upcoming weekend where the match-up is OK.
- Howard - Yeah, I know I've been killing him both in my posts and on chats but both he and Everton have done what I asked and played well for a couple of weeks in a row including a big match against Citeh. Hard not to like the idea of getting on board with a home match against a poor road team.