He's available for Sunday

Formula One - F1

Hat tip to the Assitant Manager for the news.
He [Bassong] was sent off in Newcastle's penultimate game and given a 2 game ban. He served the first of these vs Villa on the last day of last season & it's rumoured the club ensured the registration papers for Bassong went through after the 5pm Saturday deadline, meaning the Premier League will recognise that he missed Newcastle's game vs West Brom on Saturday as the 2nd game of his suspension. Harry Redknapp confirmed yesterday "He's available for Sunday".
Yes, Spurs host Liverpool in their opening fixture, but it is at White Hart Lane and Liverpool are not coming into the season in top gear. They have injury doubts across their back line and have just lost Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid. Meanwhile his replacement is out with an ankle injury and Torres had ANOTHER injury scare of his own, coming off at the weekend with his own ankle knock.

Then in midweek, Spurs travel to Hull. And I'm making it my personal mission to line up as many players against Hull every week as I can. I'm not sure it will be "Who is Playing Derby" level of sheer annihilation and guaranteed fantasy point collection... well, at least not until later in the season when their fate is sealed and they've all quit on Phil Brown.

So Bassong at 5.5 is now VERY MUCH in my thoughts for week 1, if I haven't figured out how to squeeze him into my team yet.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the hat tip guys! :)

    I'm going to try and fit him in, but I have the same problem...not enough cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm struggling with Anderson/Bassong or Lucas/Sonko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go with Anderson/Bassong in that situation.

    I still have 5 dilemas to sort out myself. I've just about decided that it'll be Rooney instead of Torres...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bassong news makes my day - I was going to end up with Hreidersson (or a DNH defender) in my line-up to make the rest of it all work and I wasn't looking forward to that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a back line of Verm-the-Worm/Pantsil/Brown right now, but I'm still not sold on Brown (is he even fit yet?). What sort of comparisons/pros/cons be drawn between Brown and Bassong?

    ReplyDelete