Halford ready to fill Kightly gap


Wolves’ new boy Greg Halford has vowed to make the most of Michael Kightly’s absence by gatecrashing Mick McCarthy’s Premier League starting line-up.

The £2million summer signing from Sunderland is set to replace Kightly, after the winger was ruled out for the start of the season as he makes his way back from a broken foot and hip injury.

Versatile Halford believes he can plug the gap, starting with tomorrow’s friendly at Doncaster.

The 24-year-old said: “Kightly is going to be out for the start of the season, so it gives me an opportunity and hopefully I’ll prove myself.

“I’ve been brought here as a right midfielder and I see myself playing there more often than not.

I'll save everyone the trouble... Halford is listed as a middie, not a defender, this time around.

1 comment: