MLS Interlude


[08:29] JSpitzberg: i have NO interest in MLS anymore
That's how I started my converstation with Neal this morning.  And I really don't.  With the Premier League gearing up it's hard to keep the enthusiasm for what I call my methadone, which I use to bridge the gap between English seasons.  But that being said, and I'm sure to jinx it here, I'm well placed in the overall standings and I have a reputation to uphold.  And a trophy to win back from Neal.  So here we go again.

This week the clear pick is Colorado hosting the Red Bulls who are just DIRE on the road.  I had Connor Casey on my team but he is suspended due to accumulation so I had to make some other moves to afford Omar Cummings.  Here's hoping he can come good.  I've also added Kimura to the backline as I have more fingers on one hand than the Red Bulls have road goals.  Matt Pickens would be a great, um, pick in net too.

DCUnited travel to the West Coast to play San Jose, who are struggling.  The Earthquakes are reshaping their team in the middle of the season which isn't a good sign.  Even though I don't like picking road teams in MLS - especially not those travelling from one coast to the other - I had to pick up Christian Gomez to join Chris Pontius in the midfield.  Gomez is playing really well right now and without Santino he should hold down his spot and set piece duties.

The LA Galaxy travel too, but face a Kansas City team missing their best attacker in Arnaud and starting defenders Conrad and Watson, who was red carded last week.  So Landon Donovan not only stays in the team, but keeps the captain's armband.  And as much as I want to sell Beckham, I can't.  He's cheaper than Blanco and 1) I needed the money for Gomez and Cummings, and 2) Chicago are at Seattle and Blanco is going to have Alonso on him like a cheap suit all day.  So here's hoping Beckham feels that he has something to prove after this week's incidents.

3 comments:

  1. hey, sorry if you already answered somewhere, but what happened with your connection to yahoo? Why aren't you blogging there anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, what happened guys?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a real shame - Neal posted this up on their Facebook page...

    "All - here's the deal with Yahoo - it was no longer in their budget to keep us writing for them directly - we will continue to write ABOUT Yahoo Fantasy Premier League at http://fantasyepl.blogspot.com - we hope you make the leap to the new URL with us. Look for a note on the official blog shortly. Cheers - Neal"

    ReplyDelete