Worlds Collide



This is just too funny. From Chad OchoCinco's Twitter stream:
  1. Damn they tall ass hell, I am 6"2 and they are towering over me, taking a picture with the legend, Jose Marino
  2. http://twitpic.com/ahfmw - Ibrahimovic, best player on Inter Milan
  3. http://twitpic.com/ahfkg - Materazzi, headed butted by Zidane in the World Cup Final
  4. Getting ready to practice with the Inter Milan soccer team.
  5. For those who like soccer, just saw Ibrahimovic and Materrazzi of Inter Milan soccer team, there at UCLA.
I can only assume he means "Jose Mourinho". If he posts the picture, I'll be sure to update.

HA!
  1. My bad on the name, Mourinho

I'm love when this stuff happens. Reminds me of when David James trained with the Miami Dolphins. Any exposure that football/soccer gets in the States is a good thing, in my opinion. But the meeting of America's top athletes with the world's best athletes bring to mind this:  I've long held the notion that we won't be a world soccer (sorry, football) power until our best athletes choose the sport over football, baseball, basketball, etc. Not even our best athletes but certainly taller and stronger ones than Landon Donovan or DeMarcus Beasley.  For now, I can just dream of Dwight Howard instead of Tim Howard in net (not really, Tim!), Brian Urlacher at center half; Larry Fitzgerald on the wing feeding crosses into LeBron James, and Troy Polamalu in the Makelele/Marcos Senna role.

No comments:

Post a Comment