Billions and Billions

You're probably all too young to get the joke, but in the '80s Carl Sagan was a household name - not bad for an astronomer - thanks to his television series "Cosmos".  He would talk about the "billions and billions" of stars, etc.

Anyway... with that as prologue, I got a kick out of this misspelling in the AFP's photo:


Lakeside jog : French national football team's defender Bakary Sagan runs during a training session around a lake near Tignes in the French Alps, as part of the preparation for the upcoming World Cup 2010. (AFP/Franck Fife)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:31 PM

    I've been a Carl Sagna fan...I mean Sagan...fan my whole life. If you want to read one of his more thought provoking quotations, look up "pale blue dot"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, not only am I old enough to remember Carl Sagan, but I also remember his appearence in the "Bloom County" comic strip. "Biiillyuns and Biiillyuns"

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you, Jim. I had that spelling as the original title of this post but didn't think I should go two jokes deep.

    http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/qpix/saganbloomalphab.png

    ReplyDelete