Cassandras

Session Start: Fri Jun 22 07:34:51 2007
[07:35] Jeremy Spitzberg:: one of these week, one of us will hit on the right player(s)
[07:35] Jeremy Spitzberg:: barrett worked out nicely for you
[07:35] Jeremy Spitzberg:: but big brad!
[07:35] Neal Thurman: yeah, I sent you a text last night bemoaning the fact that this was the first week HOU had a good match-up where I didn't go with him - very disappointed
[07:36] Jeremy Spitzberg:: my phone acting up
[07:36] Jeremy Spitzberg:: lost the response
[07:36] Jeremy Spitzberg:: basically it was "b/c we're idiots"
[07:36] Neal Thurman: no worries - figured you had dropped from programming fatigue
[07:36] Neal Thurman: maybe HOU should trade Ching to LA (they're picking up everyone else and Lando loves him)
[07:37] Neal Thurman: clearly they've been better w/out him than with
[07:42] Jeremy Spitzberg:: i bet houston would take jaqua + somebody for ching
[07:44] Neal Thurman: probably - question is whether LA could afford Ching

Well, we were half right.
July 3, 2007 -- CARSON, CALIFORNIA (TICKER) -- The Los Angeles Galaxy completed yet another trade on Tuesday, sending former All-Star forward Nate Jaqua to Houston for midfielder Kelly Gray and a second-round pick in 2008.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Since you're talking Houston, tell me I'm not the only one that included Brad Davis in his fantasy roster this week....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you aren't. ;-)

    i'm hopeful too, but not overly so. he's more likely to exit the match around the 70th minute w/o contributing a goal or an assist as anything else.

    but i'm hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EC Mike, see the news?

    When Houston Dynamo welcome the New York Red Bulls to Robertson Stadium on Thursday night, the Orange will be without the services of midfielder Brad Davis, who tore the medial meniscus in his right knee during practice on Tuesday.

    ARGH! I'll never catch Neal this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:21 PM

    Yeah, I saw that story yesterday on mlsnet.com. But by then, it was too late to adjust my roster.

    This is about the fourth week in a row where I've had a hole in my roster like this. And I made him my captain too! I can't believe how annoyed it's making me.

    I guess it could be worse though. At least I started Ngwenya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice call. I was happy w/ Lando & Emilio up top. But I had Harmse, Oughton, and Davis as zeros in my lineup so far. And now Goldwaithe will be a -4.

    OY!

    ReplyDelete