Cone of Silence

The Cone of Silence (COS)


Originally a device from the Get Smart tv show (RIP, Don Adams), now a term to use to let everyone know that you do not want to hear the results (or any details, for that matter) of a soccer match.

For instance, "I am COS on Liverpool/Chelsea" means that I am recording the game and plan to watch it tonight. And I would prefer - nay, insist - on not knowing anything about the game that might ruin the drama. Or lack thereof.

And, just in case you missed it, I am COS on Liverpool/Chelsea.

4 comments:

  1. a nice homage to Don. No info on game, just the complement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's probably an entire posting on other applications of the COS mostly referring to things that go on in Las Vegas or after a late night in Adams Morgan but we'll leave that for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birty3:29 PM

    I've tried to avoid the results of the NFLs Monday Night Football so I can watch it Tuesday night after work so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:42 PM

    I've seen the match, and as an Arsenal fan, you may want to remain under the cone of silence indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete