"There is talk about putting this right in January and bringing players in," Keane told MUTV according to the Daily Mirror.
"We should be doing the opposite - we should be getting rid of people in January."
So who should go, and where? Some possiblities include:
- Alan Smith
- He's not going to cut it as a middie. So send him to Aston Villa who desperately need the kind of
aggressionenergy that Smith brings to the table. This would reunite him with DO'L who is "getting the band back together" anyway (Milner, Bakke). And we can end the JPAngel era... not a moment too soon.
- Darren Fletcher
- Can we convince one of the Old Firm to take him? If he moves back to Scotland we'll never have to hear from him again.
- Tim Howard
- "Welcome back, Timmy. We at the NY/NJ MetroStars have missed you since you've been gone. Tony Meola? What were we thinking?"
- Kieran Richardson
- It's better than East Brom!
- John O'Shea
- Liverpool. They're in desperate need of another crap fullback who can do equally little from the wide midfield role.
- Paul Scholes
- It's simply time for him to take a Fredo boat ride.
- Liam Miller
- Whomever buys him will have to do it on faith. I don't think there is any evidence of his actually having played for ManU.
- Roy Keane
- Sam Allardyce lies in bed at night thinking of this transfer!
- Louis Saha
- Birmingham City are struggling and could really use a prolific striker. And their trainers are very experienced dealing with a wide range of injuires.
- Rio Ferdinand
- Has to be Real Madrid, doesn't it? They've already shown their willingness to overpay for former Leeds center backs with questionable disciplinary histories.