Once more into the breach...

So here we are at the last weekend of both the EPL and fantasy seasons and it seems like all hell is on the verge of breaking loose. Much like the EPL, we don't have much of a race for first so once again congratulations to Kris on his victory as well as his pending nuptuals. Additional congrats on what must be a pretty impressive world ranking. I'm sitting at #676 worldwide and he has somewhere between 150 and 200 points on me. Lofty heights indeed.

On the all hell breaking loose side of things...will Glazer-gate accelerate the decline of ManYoo? Soccernet certainly seems to think so. Needless to say, the revelation that Arsene Wenger does indeed have his eye on Dean Ashton has me on cloud nine as I contemplate a future rooting for a front line of Reyes, Ashton, van Persie, Bentley and Fabregas. The rumor that the Lyon coach and his 3 straight Ligue 1 titles quit to come over as Wenger's successor in a few years is also good news as this clearly puts us ahead of ManYoo's unsettled front office. Elsewhere, we have the 4 games that will determine the plights of the relegation candidates. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to root for my boy Dean Ashton to do well and stay up because I've enjoyed Norwich a great deal since he came over in January or to root against them in hopes that relegation frees him up for a transfer to Arsenal this close season. In any event, one last time for this year, here's the line-up...

Strikers
Henry - He's back...the question last week was whether he'd have more points in one half of one game than one of my other strikers had in two full matches.
FAS DA - Everytime Norwich's backs have been against the wall, he's come through - can't leave him out now.
AJ - if I'd been on his bandwagon earlier, I might be up with Kris in the stratosphere - I wasn't and I'm not, but I couldn't take the notion of missing out on 2nd by repeating my mistake when he has everything to play for.

Midfield
Lampard - He's going to play which means he's got to be in the line-up
van Persie - This is really a placeholder for now - with Henry back, his starting position is in jeopardy - he's definitely been in form but with only 6 points separating me from 3rd place and a summer of good natured abuse from Jeremy - every point counts
Camara - relegation on the line and he's definitely starting at striker with Crouch benched
Francis - did I mention that I've been sucked in by the Norwich bandwagon? If only Huckerby were correctly assigned as a midfielder...

Defense
Cole - Arsenal seems to be in form heading towards the FA Cup
Toure - taking over for Lauren as he recovers from "blood poisoning"
Wallwork - fighting to avoid relegation makes an already prolific defender even more attractive

Keeper
Lehmann - See Cole above...

The season has been a blast and remember to look for commentary reviewing the season just past - the ongoing MLS season and the EPL off-season in the coming weeks...

Cheers - Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment