Spurs Complete Bale Deal

Tottenham seal Bale deal
Tottenham have confirmed the signing of Wales left-back Gareth Bale from Southampton in a deal which could be worth up to £10million to the Hampshire club.
Bale put himself in the spotlight at the start of the season with a stunning free-kick against Derby, followed up with another set-piece against Coventry three days later.

He is the youngest player to be capped by Wales and despite being deployed at full-back so far in his fledgling career, has been tipped to emulate Ryan Giggs if he is developed into a winger.
A defender who can play as a winger (on a team that could use some spark from the left side of midfield) and who takes kicks. Be still my beating heart! Ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to present to you the first name off my list.

Bale +10!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:47 PM

    OK, so the media has been touting this kid for a while. And the big clubs have been after him. And he ends up in a good looking situation with Spurs. But what are the chances this kid could be a bust? I mean, after all, he's still just a kid.... Let me put it to you this way: next season with Spurs, will Bale make more or less of an impact than Theo did with the Gooners this past season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:12 PM

    joshtottenham
    the competition for strikers/forwards at Arsenal is a little bit greater than the competition for left backs/left midfielders at Spurs. He'll be in the first team week in week out, and I think he'll be a great signing for spurs, now without a weak spot in their back line...i hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ So you think he will be an immediate starter ahead of YP Lee and Assou-Ekotto? I can see Jol handling him carefully and limiting his starts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:56 PM

    Joshtottenham
    ^ That could be the case, I didnt think of that, but neither YP Lee or Assou-Ekotto are good enough...and Bale is. Also hes played all season for Southhampton so I still think he'll either be first choice or at least get a lot of starts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Hi guys,

    Firstly let me say thank you for all the advice through the past season.

    I have a quick question... how do you achieve trophies on your yahoo! fantasy profile? I came 2nd in my private league and as commisioner of the league would like for the 1st/3rd finishers to also get their trophies. Do I, as commisioner, need to do anything?

    Thanks for the help, Matt

    (sorry to post this on here but the email address for questions doesn't work)

    ReplyDelete