Monday Morning MLS Manager

Kansas City Wizards' Eddie Johnson (7) is congratulated by teammate Davy Arnaud after Johnson scored the first of his three goals during the Wizards' 4-3 win over the New England Revolution in an MLS soccer game at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass., Saturday, May 26, 2007.

Consecutive hat-tricks. And against the two (other) best teams in the league. And conference rivals to boot. Wow.

This is the Eddie Johnson who everyone in the US wants to see. The player who scored goals in his first eight, was it?, internationals. Fast, strong, tall. This is the player that was interesting English teams two years ago. And now, with the Gold Cup and Copa America looming as showpieces, will EJ be back with Kansas City come the fall?

Elsewhere, New England continue to be erratic, losing a second straight home game. This time, being blanked by lowly Real Salt Lake. Clint Mathis continues his all or nothing season. This week was nothing as he was red carded (again!) in the first half of the Kansas City match. Chicago and Houston break out of their slumps to score goals and win games.

What a messed up league this is. Playing fantasy is a nightmare. No good information available. Extreme parity. And Dan with EJ on his team. Nothing good. Nothing good.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:04 AM

    Well my first week score is up, 118 pts? is that good? is it poor? I didn't have Eddie in because I don't know a thing about this MLS so I went with the Premiership rule of he's playing away against a top tier team, so don't touch him. At least JPA got me a few pts as captain, and am I right in thinking the midweek fixtures will also add to my week 9 score? Hope so, cos I picked 6 players who have 2 games this week! I also have more of an idea as to which players are actually starters, after this week having a couple of 0 point players on board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're on the right track, Pierre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:21 AM

    what the? my doubles for week nine turned into singles for week 10! Where did that come from? And I changed my capt on my "week 10" roster, so lost double pts for JPA and his 2 goals! How come if a team plays on a Sat and a Thurs in the same week, it doesnt count as a double week? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't confuse Yahoo's weeks w/ MLS'. yahoo would start a the weekend and go through the following week. The MLS game's deadlines are usually in the midweek and include the Wed and Thurs games, and then those in the following weekend.

    ReplyDelete