On a very busy Friday...

Here are some quick thoughts...

WBA and Blackburn appear to be the only two teams doubling up on the Yahoo schedule - not sure why the Boro/Newcastle match on Wednesday doesn't make the grade, but apparently it doesn't. Don't say you haven't been warned. Match-up-wise, Fulham's trip to the Bridge seems like a bloodbath waiting to happen. Rumors abound that stud-boy Arjen Robben may make his return. In other stud winger news, MGP is facing a fitness test and his status remains uncertain. Finally, Luis Garcia, he of the crazy goals and excellent recent form, is also questionable for this week. So, where does that leave us?

Striker
Gera - he's doubling up and has been playing well
Rooney - I'm worried about this one because he hasn't exploded and done something stupid for a while but hopefully the Neviller and Scholes were channeling his bad energy on Wednesday.
Ashton - Not sure there's anything else I can say about FAS Dean Ashton without risking a restraining order or at the very least some questions about my sexual preferences

Midfield
MGP - even if he were just playing one, I'd include him in my line-up - the possibility of two games makes him a no-brainer
Lamps - if this weren't already a no-brainer, the Fulham factor would certainly make it such
Downing - he's been struggling along with his team, but whole "he's due" thing along with the possibility that Yahoo will change its mind and include Boro's extra game makes it worthwhile risk
Pires - no good reason here other than I liked the way he looked vs. Chelsea - seems to have shaken off his mid-season lethargy.

Defense
Nelsen - Former DC United man, great fantasy stats so far in the ELP, Blackburn in form, two games, 'nuff said
Neill - needs to learn how to spell his last name right but otherwise should benefit from Blackburn's double and good form
Terry - Salivating over the number of corners that will be coming his was vs. Fulham

Keeper
Friedel - worked out nicely last weekend (better than Cech by enough points to get me to 2nd place) and has a double - USA, USA!!

In a related note, I haven't really had much of a chance to contemplate my MLS line-up but since last week worked out well (my first week ever in 1st place), I'm sticking with what I got...

Johnson, Buddle, Cerritos
Mulrooney, Davis, Cuadros
Albright, Parkhurst, Boswell, & my man Hunter Freeman
Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment