Nani to be fit?


Nani dislocated his shoulder Sunday in the Community Shield, which United lost in a penalty shootout to Chelsea, but the winger looks like being fit for the league season opener against Birmingham on Sunday.

Despite Ferguson's initial concerns, Nani is even hopeful of playing in Portugal's friendly against Liechtenstein on Wednesday.
"I think I can recover in time," Nani said Monday. "It's not a very serious injury. I need to take care of it and I expect to get better in the coming days."

Something on which I'm going to keep a VERY close eye. Nani showed real promise in the Community Shield and at 3 and change less than Valencia... well, that's worth waiting to see if he can make the Portugal match, and then looking at Friday's team news.

2 comments:

  1. and after I'd talked myself into what a great alternative N'Zogbia would be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've no arguments against N'Zogbia.

    ReplyDelete