Two good moves

The F365 Transfer Blog: Friday August 7
08.10: Morning everyone. Couple of things from last night to let you know about before we get on to the real business of bulls**t pedalling - Sebastian Bassong has completed his move from Newcastle to Spurs for about £8million, while Newcastle have also accepted a bid from Hull for their other good defender, Habib Beye.

In addition to the move for Bassong that we have discussed previously in this space, it looks like Beye will be on his way back to the Prem with Hull. That's at least two good moves this week for Hull who have otherwise had a pretty frustrating summer. Beye was a pretty good fantasy player for a pretty useless NUFC team last season so no reason to think he won't be at least as good for Hull this season. Who knows, maybe we'll see a few stretches like the one they had at the beginning of last season that saw them essentially accumulate enough points to stay up before November.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Neal and Jeremy. This is the 3rd time I'm postin the same comment you your blog. I hope it's the last though, otherwise where is the point of repeating it. Anyway...
    I normally don't do this and hate to be one of those asking for this, but...after a titanic work, thinking and overthinking at some point, after a numerous of overplanned teams, I came up with a nearly-looking-as-definite TEAM. I'd appreciate your rating...
    Foster
    Foley, Edgar, Melchiot
    Lamps, Miljas, Gomez, Moko, Gerrard
    Drogba, Berbatov

    I know I don't have the best (far from that) defence but as usually I expect a poor performance by the defenders in the opening fixtures of the EPL. Fohey, Moko and Berbatov can be as well changed before the kick-off. Thnx in advance...!!!
    Best of Luck to you and your TEAMS

    ReplyDelete
  2. fidan_recica, I can't argue with that team. You're pretty aware of the weakness on D. In fact, you might want to consider gutting Foley or Edgar down to Sonko to upgrade Mok. Maybe to Kanu or Campbell or another cheap as chips forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonkos place in the first team is VERY unlikely, unless I'd pay him for O pts (better than negative though). Thnx for the tip...! As I said before Foley may as well be changed, maybe both of them and to upgrade Berbs to Roo, but thats a lot of guttings (read also GUTTS!!!), isn't it.
    See you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a very hard time with Berba/Rooney myself. I REALLY want Rooney, but having Berba King instead makes a lot of other things possible. Sigh... such are the decisions on which (early) fantasy seasons are won or lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my answer for that...at least I did so...Swapped Roo for Berbs...sold Gerrard (don't want to jinx Lpool's look by picking their players). I'm still unsure about Wilkinson, but I shipped Valencia and SEB (fingers crossed!!!). Have a nice time picking yours. These prices going up, ARE killing me!!! Anyway, it makes it easier some time to hang to a player and resist to changings!

    ReplyDelete