Sunday Night Manager...

Just so I beat Jeremy to the punch.

Bad Ideas Recap
Heading into the International break, it's getting close up here at the top - Jeremy came back to the pack a little bit and Jon had a strong weekend tying for the best score of the weekend with Toby who also got closer to the top. Kris & Emer, were you on vacation this weekend?

Out of the Valley
The story of my weekend was being undone by Danny Murphy - tragic given my pre-season treatise the positive things going on at Charlton. I guess I'll have to take solice in the fact that strikers are going to start coming to me to make sure I start them on the weekends. Just to recap - that's two straight weekends, 3 strikers - one goal each. Now if only I could figure out how to pick defenders like Jer, I'd be golden.

We shall serve no whine...
BTW, Edwin van der Sar got completely screwed out of an assist on Rooney's goal - I want my points.

(Another Reason) Why I hate Sir Alex
How could he not insert Wes Brown into the line-up at the end of the match to kill a little more time? Would have been the cheapest 5 points ever, but it still would have been 5 more points.

Gentlemen, start your pondering
So, for all of you who bailed on Henry for the weekend, do you re-reconstruct your team or go with a more balanced squad since van der Sar, Robert, Pedersen, Del Horno, and Bent are scoring at nearly the same clip for between a third and half the cost each? To say nothing of Horsfield's performance in one fewer games. For your $28.20 you can get Henry or a front line of Horsfield, Bent and Sherringham. In the former case, you're scrapping for every other position (averaging $7.18 per other player). In the later, you've got an average of nearly $9 per player to spend. Enjoy the decision, you have a lot of time to ponder...

No comments:

Post a Comment