Pulling Defeat (ok, draws) from the Jaws of Victory

So, I have mixed feelings about the extended premiership weekend - to quote the 80s philosopher Gordon Gecko, "its like seeing Larry Wilde going over a cliff... in my new Maseratti". Here's what I mean...

1) ManYoo gives up a goal at the death and manages only a draw from a game they dominated - they got no closer to the top of the league and this officially ended their run of good results...but I lost 21 fantasy points with that single (fantastic) shot (3 clean sheets, a Win going to a tie, and a goal allowed).

2) Liverpool (stop me if you've heard this before) gives up a goal at the death and manages only a draw from a game the dominated - they continue to wallow in 7th place...but I lost 5 points with that single (mediocre) goal.

As a fan, I loved watching both events transpire, as a fantasy owner, not so much. Which one is more important? How do you walk the tightrope of supporting your fantasy team when it contains people from teams you dislike? If I knew the answers, this blog would certainly have a wider circulation.

What I can say is that I'm very much looking forward to the simplicity of a week where ManYoo, Arsenal and Chelsea all play teams that they should beat so I can go back to rooting for a loss, a blow-out win, and a high-scoring draw respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment